Note Takers Needed for Students with Disabilities
If your professor makes an announcement that a note taker is needed in one of your courses and you would like to volunteer, please stop by or contact the office to learn more. Student note takers who are eligible receive a stipend of $25 per credit hour at the end of the semester, usually $75. Note takers are required to make copies of their notes to share with a student with a disability. Accessibility Resources coordinates the photocopying and/or scanning of the notes at no cost to the note taker.
Tips to Make UB a More Inclusive Community
- Tip #1 - Planning a meeting or party? Schedule it in a place that is accessible to everyone.
- Tip #2 - Do what you can to make sure ramps, sidewalks and entrances are accessible.
- Tip #3 - Respect the people around you; try to get to know them.
- Tip #4 - If you can't understand what someone is saying, ask them to say it again so you can understand.
- Tip #5 - Respectful attitudes are part of the solution to including people with disabilities.
Sponsored by Wellness Education Services & Accessibility Resources
Access to Technology
Important information for all members of the UB community: 2013 enforcement efforts through litigation and enforcement by the Departments of Justice and Education have created a consistent legal standard for access to instruction mediated by information and communications technology. The following information provides information regarding issues related to campus wide access to technology: