UBE 202: Career Planning Course
Are you trying to decide which major or career may be right for you? Don't be overwhelmed by "career confusion." Let our experienced career counselors help you gain a better understanding of yourself and the process of selecting a major/career. Take the time to focus on you and your career exploration!
- 3 credit seminar focusing on career exploration and decision-making.
- Provides an opportunity to focus on your career development through various self-assessment tools and assignments, and then teaches you how to apply this information to the career decision-making process.
- Ideal for freshmen and sophomores who are undecided about their major or what career they would like to pursue.
- Taught by career development professionals from the Career Services office.
Course Availability and Registration
- Sections are typically offered each academic year. View the current class schedule .
- Registration: UBE 202 registration is by instructor permission only. If you are interested in taking UBE 202, you must visit the Career Services office in 259 Capen to sign up for the course and receive a force registration slip.
If UBE 202 does not fit into your schedule, you should still take advantage of all the career resources available to you. Schedule an appointment with a career counselor to begin discussing your career planning concerns.
Comments from Former UBE 202 Students
- "This class was very reassuring that the career I was planning to pursue was the right one for me." - Kristine Mincher
- "It's one of the best classes I've taken at UB and I recommend it to anyone with problems picking a major." - Stephen Rivera
- "UBE 202 has helped in further developing my career decision-making and has enabled me to realize my strengths and what I truly value." - David Drabinski
- "UBE 202 helped me to research information on my career interests. The knowledge I gained will help me as I pursue my degree and begin working in my field." - Rashaun Deberry